This policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site and any products and services we make available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Cedar Lake, Inc. does not own or control, or to people that Cedar Lake, Inc. does not employ or manage.
- To provide information you have requested
- To provide services you have requested
- To contact you directly regarding any request you have made of us
- To develop additional services we think will be of interest to you
- To answer questions you may have
- To deliver personalized newsletters and website content
- To grant you access to “members-only” areas of our website
- Personal information we collect will be used only by authorized Cedar Lake, Inc. for the purposes listed above. We will not sell, rent, loan, or share any such information with any other organization without your consent.
- We utilize security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies, and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Cedar Lake, Inc. collects information in a variety of ways and through a variety of means. These include:
- Certain areas of our website require you to “register” with us to open an account. That type of information is explained under the “personally identifying” heading below.
- You can use most of our website without offering any information about yourself. In those cases, our web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet and the website you came from and visit next. This information is used by us to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our website. We also use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient for you to use. This information is in no way directly linked to you as an individual.
- We reserve the right to keep any email sent to us
- Any personally identifying information in that email is covered by the terms of this policy
- Registering for a Cedar Lake, Inc. online account, community companioning, making a donation, and other related activities may require us to collect certain pieces of personal information.
- This information may include name, date of birth, home and work addresses, email addresses, information related to your donation and community companion activities, and personal interests related to Cedar Lake, Inc.
Cedar Lake, Inc. collects personally identifiable information when you:
- register for a Cedar Lake, Inc. online account,
- use certain Cedar Lake, Inc. services (community companioning, pledging, subscribing to newsletters, and so on),
- visit pages on our website,
- or enter promotions and drawings during the annual campaign.
Cedar Lake, Inc. may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners. Cedar Lake, Inc. may set and access “cookies” on your computer. Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
Cedar Lake, Inc. will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. Cedar Lake, Inc. may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information to provide a product or service you have specifically requested;
- we need to send the information to companies or agencies who work on behalf of Cedar Lake, Inc. to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these organizations do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.); OR
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
Cedar Lake is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and all gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent of the IRS rules.
For a partial or full refund request on your charitable donation, please email Martha Bennett at email@example.com