CEDAR LAKE ENRICHMENT CENTER
The Cedar Lake Enrichment Center (CLEC), an adult day program, provides a person-centered, structured environment for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
CLEC offers a choice of scheduled classes with curriculum designed to enhance the quality of life. Vocational training and community inclusion are offered as well.
The workshop area is designed to teach or enhance skills that will prepare for pre-employment services. It offers opportunities to earn wages for the work they complete in this supported setting.
- Offers training to enhance and promote healthy work habits
- Creates task reinforcement and sustained attention
- Provides work related to fine and gross motor tasks
Vocational classes are designed to teach or enhance a skill/trade to prepare for extended educational or employment opportunities. Pre-vocational skills or services offer learning opportunities or work experiences to assist with employment positions in the community.
- Offers training to enhance work habits, ethics and socialization skills in the workforce
- Creates learning opportunities and work experiences in the community
Task reinforcement and sustained attention
- Identification of non-preferred tasks and requesting for support/help
Gross and fine motor enhancement
Daily and Social Life Skills refer to a range of personal self-care activities that encompass an individual’s life in their home, work and community. Most daily skills are performed on a regular basis to maintain or build a level of independence in health and safety. Additionally, social skills are used to communicate and interact with one another both verbally and non-verbally. They are often used through gestures, body language and our personal appearance. Participants will explore ways we can enhance communicating our thoughts and feelings with others.
- Foundations and principles related to budgeting and managing finances
- Principles and application related to meal preparation and simple cooking
- Guidance and skill development related to housekeeping and laundry tasks
- Comprehension and application of time management
- Principles related to understanding weather and appropriate dress attire
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Understanding and application of self-advocacy
Art is a healthy outlet for self-expression and self-regulation through many forms and templates. Art provides sensory stimulation and input that often increases self-esteem.
- Produces a positive learning environment that includes creativity and practice
- Projects provide the individual a sense of self-expression and allows them to create and design independent projects
- Instructor will provide educational concepts related to the elements of art: color, form, line, shape, space, texture and value
- Projects will include guided instruction for the individual to participate to the best of their ability
- Products will be displayed or sold as marketed by the individual